Air India, the national carrier of India, has installed the SITA PSS platform which enables the facility to check in online for the passengers. Using the Air India web check in means, they can now conveniently select their seats and get boarding passes or confirmation slips while at home or office or on move. This facility is available under ‘Manage Your Trip’ option on the website of the airline. It is available for both domestic and international flights (except from some airports, see below)
Air India Web Check in opening time: 48 hours before scheduled departure of flight
Air India Online Check-in closing time: 2 hours before scheduled departure of flight
Web Check in is not available in following cases:
- When travelling from Bahrain, Muscat, Dhaka, San Francisco, Sydney and Melbourne.
- Alliance Air (AI 9000 series) flights
- More than 9 passengers on same PNR
- Those availing special assistance services, such as Wheelchair-bound, unaccompanied minors, pregnant women, people with medical condition, etc.
Important Points to note:
- Boarding passes are issued for domestic flights only. Confirmation slips are issued for international flights. While passengers on international flights can do online check in, they are still required to report to Baggage Drop counter to get their documents verified and to get the baggage tags for their check in baggage, if they are carrying one. Their confirmation slips are exchanged with boarding pass issued to them.
- Passengers on domestic flights are required to take the print-out of boarding passand proceed directly to security check if are not having any registered baggage. However,if they do have the luggage to check in they are required to report to Baggage Drop box for getting the bag tags.Those travelling ex-Dubai are given e-boarding pass which needs to be printed.
- Baggage Drop Counters close 40 minutes before departure in case of Domestic flights and 60 minutes before departure in case of international flights.
- Those who have checked-in online but are still required to be present at the check in counter, are advised to come 90 minutes before scheduled departure of flights at the airport and report at boarding gates no later than 45 minutes before arrival.